Thursday, June 14, 2012

Under the Sea

My June design team kit from ScrapVille was to use the new Little Yellow Bicycle's "Splash" line to make cards. I love this company's designs!

See the YouTube video here!

This first card I made my own lifesaver ring, was really easy with a little glossy red paper from one of the LYB die cuts and some bakers twine. I made the orange fish out of extra ribbon.

This next card is a gatefold. I love that green ribbon under the seahorse- reminds me of seaweed!

Love using the LYB die cut as a card insert, looks like an under the sea window!

This card is much better in person (or see the YouTube video). These are transparent fish from the LYB line taped on a side step card. So flippin' adorable! Love this idea.

Of course my first thought when I saw the papers was how adorable my DeNami stamps would be with these... for this first card I used the C85 Sailboat Chickie stamp along with the PF39 Under the Sea stamp set and PF41 Sea Friends stamp set. I used C83 Wavy Dots as water and finished with the D132 You're A Treasure sentiment. I used the Citrone glitter on the chickie and Crystal Lacquer on the fish to give that sea-shine to them.

For this card I used DeNami's CL-D144 Fishing Chickie (Cling). I just love this stamp! I used the Citrone glitter on the chickies and Crystal Lacquer on the fish to give that slippery sea look.

No comments:

Post a Comment